Saturday, November 10, 2012

Deadpool (Preview)

TBA 2013
PS3, Xbox 360

Developed by High Mon Studios

Published by Activision



The Merc with a Mouth is wrecking havoc in a new medium.

For those of you not familiar with Marvel's anti-hero Deadpool, I pity you. He has been my favorite childhood superhero since I was 12 and is the only comic book character I stay current on today. When the other children were playing Spider-Man and  Captain America (ok, no one was playing Captain America, he is super-lame), I was playing the psychotic, ruthless, guns-for-hire Deadpool. The thing that makes Deadpool unique is his humor which is twisted and pop-culture obsessed. He is also certified insane as he can't die and because Loki informed him he is a comic-book character he often breaks the fourth wall to great comedic effect.

The game and the games website looks to capitalize on his violent and disturbed yet comical nature. Check out the video below to get a glimpse as to what this game will entail. 

Deadpool is bringing his unique brand of insanity, violence and humor to consoles in 2013

I'm not happy about the lewd-humor in this game and we really have to wait to see extended in-game footage to make any judgement. I really enjoyed the X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition (2009) video game and it looks like this could be similar in style and gameplay. No matter the IP, you have to have strong gameplay but, if this gets even semi-positive reviews, I may have to convert to consoles for a few weeks out of my love for DeadpoolI'm excited for more people to be introduced to Deadpool and hopefully strong sales and positive reviews will convince studio-heads to move forward with the Deadpool movie.

Words by Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment